Looking for ways to maintain profitability as an operator on your way to 4G/LTE? WireIE’s George Kaichis (Director, Radio Network Services) has some tips to help your company get there.
In order to meet the projected spike in demand and quality of data services, operators will ultimately need to migrate their networks and businesses to 4G/LTE. However, WireIE recognizes that most operators will not have the capital available to upgrade their networks and therefore suggest the following to ease the transition for operators:
- Outsource non-core activities, particularly around the deployment and operation of your networks
- Deploy a hosted 3G network
- Sell operator-owned towers to tower companies and lease back space for your equipment
- Sell microwave assets to wholesale backhaul providers and lease them back
- Preserve roaming revenue through RF Optimization, site audits and KPI monitoring in order to maximize network capacity and performance
George recently wrote an article that was published in Cancion Magazine, a quarterly journal issued by CANTO (The Caribbean Association of National Telecommunication Organizations). The article expands upon these different measures that we believe will help operators handle the ever increasing consumer demand for higher speed data services while also maintaining profitability.